- ABOUT AAPOLY
- STUDY AT AAPOLY
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- DOMESTIC STUDENTS
- SUPPORT SERVICES
Communication to students and staff about Coronavirus
Subject: Important announcement for all AAPoly students - online learning arrangements
The global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is not slowing down. According to the Australian Government and Health authorities, education services are considered essential and we will remain open.
The Australian Government continues to be proactive in putting various measures in place to slow the spread of the disease.
In the interest of the well-being of students, the authorities have given providers the flexibility to deliver courses online, including to international students.
From Monday 30 March 2020, all Higher Education courses at AAPoly will pause for two weeks. You do not have to attend face-to-face classes.
All Higher Education classes will resume from Wednesday 15 April 2020 and will be online only. We will provide you with details for each subject that you are enrolled in, to enable you to resume your studies for the semester.
Once again, may I remind you that you must be properly enrolled. This is your student visa obligation that cannot be compromised.
There is no need to be concerned about your COE duration for the course that you are enrolled in, or if this is your last semester before completion. We will look after those details. Please do not be anxious. Most importantly, make sure that you are properly enrolled.
During this pause period, you can continue to read the lecture notes and learning material in the LMS. The online library is open 24/7 and Studiosity is ready and happy to support you, 24/7.
Make the most of this period to catch up on your reading and academic writing. You don’t have to study by yourself – get “e-together” with other students and create your “study groups” using Zoom, Hangouts or the many freeware available.
I will write separately regarding VET courses closer to the commencement of Term 2 2020 (14 April 2020).
Please pass this information to other AAPoly Higher Education students and continue to access the LMS for more information.
Chief Executive Officer
26 March 2020
A Message to All of AAPoly’s Students and Staff,
There is nothing more important to AAPoly than the health, safety, and wellbeing of our students and staff. That is why we are paying close attention to all that the Government says about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is now formally declared a global pandemic.
AAPoly is committed to following all the Government’s advice and directions aimed at keeping our community safe. At present, the Government’s advice is that we should continue our regular life but that we should avoid unnecessary large crowds and international air travel. It is safe to travel by public transport. And, it is safe to attend classes.
For all AAPoly students and staff, we have the following advice:
1. Keep informed about the development of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by reading the formal communications from our Australian Government and its agencies including the following:
Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/
Department of Education https://www.dese.gov.au/news/coronavirus-covid-19
Department of Home Affairs https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/current-alerts/novel-coronavirus
2. All scheduled events at AAPoly will continue as normal.
3. Enrolments for Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training are going ahead as normal.
4. All students and staff are advised to take health precautionary measures as advised by our Australian Government and health authorities.
5. If you are unwell for any reason, you must see a doctor and follow medical advice.
6. If you cannot travel due to travel bans or restrictions, you must still complete your enrolment obligations, by following the enrolment advice provided to you via email.
7. When the Higher Education semester starts on 23 March 2020 and you are still unable to return to Australia or if you are unable to attend class due to medical advice, please (a) notify us via e-mail to email@example.com using Subject: AAPoly Student – Coronavirus), and (b) check your LMS account for further information.
8. Students will still be able to complete the enrolment and access the classes remotely for a period of time.
9. We will keep you informed about any specific arrangements on a weekly basis, via the LMS.
Please check the LMS for specific information about each subject that you are enrolled in. We will use the Forums to communicate with each student enrolled in each subject. Please be assured that you will be supported and informed during this difficult and uncertain period.
Chief Executive Officer
13 March 2020